The Elementary School Milk Program (ESMP)
First introduced in 1986, the ESMP is committed to providing elementary students with milk on a daily basis, so they can stay healthy, alert and ready to learn. Since its inception, millions of children have benefited from this program with the help of thousands of volunteers and people in the dairy industry.
Participating in the ESMP provides an opportunity for students to develop a healthy habit of drinking milk while making it fun and rewarding. Children who consume milk at lunch are more likely to meet their bone-building nutritional needs.
Schools registered for the ESMP will receive:
- All the information needed to run the program
- Free milk rewards plus an easy way to receive more!
- Free posters
- Milk coordinator support with online resources and newsletters
Did you know?
- The ESMP has been supporting healthy lunches in schools for 33 years.
- There are approximately 2400 schools in Ontario currently running the ESMP.
- An estimated 20,000 volunteers help run the ESMP every year.
- Close to a million Ontario students benefit from the ESMP and enjoy cold, fresh, and nutritious milk at school.
- Milk’s 15 nutrients, essential for good health, can’t be matched by any other beverage.
- 90% of schools return every year because students, parents and their school appreciate the nutrition and convenience benefits.
- The ESMP also helps foster school spirit and offers senior students hands-on business experience.
If you are a parent, then click here for more information
Register your school in the ESMP now!
It’s free to register.